Closing Your Pool
What is included in closing above ground pools:
- Remove ladders, steps, cleaners, lights, salt systems, alarms, toys, floats, etc. out of the pool.
- Add winterizing chemicals in pool per instructions on the bucket or box.
- Winterize skimmer and return so that the pump and filter system can be drained without draining the pool, using a green gizzmo in the skimmer and a threaded plug or rubber plug in the return outlet.
- Tie an air pillow in center of the pool.
- Put cover on pool and attach using cable and winch method or an alternative method.
- Take all drain caps or plugs out of the pump and filter and any other accessories that could freeze and crack.
- The only maintenance for the winter is to keep rainwater from building up on the cover.
What is included in closing in ground pools:
- Remove cleaners, ladders, handrails, and any other accessories from the pool.
- Put winterizing chemicals in pool per instructions on bucket or box.
- Winterize piping, filter system, and any other auxiliary equipment that can hold water.
- Blow all water out of the lines and cap them off where practical.
- Put green gizzmos in skimmers to prevent cracking when freezing occurs.
- FOR SAFETY COVERS: Attach safety cover to anchors per manufacturer instructions.
- FOR POLY WEAVE COVERS: Fill water tubes and line up alongside of pool. Pull cover over the pool and place water tubes on the edges of the cover to hold it in place.
- The only maintenance for the winter is to keep the rainwater from building up on the cover.
*Pay 50% deposit to get in the queue immediately.
*From early march to late summer